Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Parents Will Love You!!

During my first year teaching, I had a hard time remembering to communicate with parents, and share our successes in the classroom. I knew that I needed to find something that could help me out with communicating with parents; we all know that is a very important part of teaching!

One of my colleagues suggested that I look into Bloomz. I looked into Bloomz and fell in love. It had everything that I was looking for with communicating with parents. I used it as a commutation tool in my classroom last year, and the parents loved it! I want to share some of the features that Bloomz has to offer. 

Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Bloomz
  1. You can send announcements out to parents, and they will receive them immediately on their phones. I've had several times where I forgot to send reminder stickers home, and I will get on Bloomz to send the parents the reminder. 
  2. You can post pictures to show parents what is happening in the classroom. I know that this is a feature that parents love. They want to see their child in action throughout the day, and they want to see what activities we are doing. I also love that when parents take pictures of students in the class, like when we are on a field trip, they can post the pictures on Bloomz in a collaborative album.
  3. You can ask parents to volunteer to bring certain supplies into class. I used this feature a lot during the Christmas season, since we were doing a lot of fun activities. The parents will see that I am asking for something, and they will sign up for that item.
  4. Every student has their own profile that will go to the parent of the child. You can post work that the student is doing. I loved using this feature for writing and showing off their work. The students even loved me sharing their work with the parents. 
  5. You can create a class calendar of important dates for parents to get reminders. I made sure that I put our library date, so that parents could remember that our library day was always Friday; we rarely had students forget their books. I was also able to put important events, like Kindergarten Graduation. 
Bloomz is very easy to navigate and do. It is so quick to type up a reminder, or share a student's success with parents. I had great feedback from the parents!! I definitely recommend trying out Bloomz for the year.

If you have any questions, comment below and I will be happy to answer. If this post was helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment